Episode 32: Why Your Website Is Your Best Marketing Tool
April 27, 2021
Your website serves as the central hub for information about your business and a direct impact on your marketing efforts. You own your domain name and your website. Because of this, you control the content and who sees it.
Do I really need to have a website when first starting out? Yes!
- Even if you are employed you can use your website to provide information. When you leave your current job, your website still belongs to you and your patients will find you.
- Use your website before you open to market--"Coming Soon"
- Provide information on scheduling and access to things like your new patient packet with its relevant forms and policies. And
- Your website will help you compete with other practices.
What you need to launch a website:
- A domain name
- Verify the domain name you want is available
- Purchase the domain name and related variations (if possible)
- Sign up for auto-renew of the domain name
- Website host service
- Design the website--either do-it-yourself or outsource
- Make sure your website is mobile-device friendly
- Key information conveyed on your home page
- Easy to navigate content
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Add a blog
- Add custom content
- Regularly update your website
Make sure to claim and verify your local listings in the various search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
After your listing is claimed and verified, you'll need to fill out as much information as possible to make your listing stand out and improve your chances of showing up in search results.
- Add photos of your practice
- Add the hours you are open
- Add a short description about your practice
Once your website is up and running, be sure to tell everyone about it. Put signs up all over your office including in every exam room. Talk about it on your various social media platforms.
In the end, you want to drive any and all potential patients to your website.
For a full searchable copy of the transcript, click here.
Join my FB group, The Private Medical Practice Academy to be part of a community interested in starting, running and growing their private medical practices and leveraging them into multiple revenue streams.
If you would like to hear more tips on how to start, run and grow your practice and related medical businesses, please sign up for my newsletter at https://www.thepracticebuildingmd.com .
HOW TO START YOUR OWN MEDICAL PRACTICE JJJJJJJ
Are you overwhelmed at the thought of starting your own private practice? This cheat sheet will give you a roadmap with step-by-step instructions to get your practice up and running.
USE YOUR PRACTICE TO WORK LESS AND GENERATE MORE MONEY
Do you want to make more money without working harder but don't know how? My guide of proven strategies to leverage your medical practice will show you how.
3 KEY STEPS TO NEGOTIATE YOUR BEST DEAL
Regardless of what you are negotiating, you want to get the best deal.
This guide will give you the tools you need to set yourself up to win the negotiation game.