Episode 13: Customer Service Is Key To Your Practice's Success
December 09, 2020
Doctors are sometimes so focused on delivering their medical expertise as a commodity that they seem to forget the customer service component of providing care. Have you ever thought about whether patients are clients or customers?
In this episode, I am going to tell you the very personal story of my recent visit to the ER with acute onset complete heart block. My (surgeon) husband and I will tell you that being a patient and family member gives you a totally different perspective.
The key takeaways are:
- Communication is key between all team members
- Make sure that your messaging (as the physician) is consistent
- Patients need explicit instructions (even doctor patients) and are looking to you for clear, definitive answers.
- Patients don't like the run around or having to make multiple calls to your office. I know that we all get annoyed by those patients that are difficult or who are repeatedly calling our offices. But having been on the other side I will tell you that you need to make sure that your staff is not contributing to the repeated calling and patient frustration.
- Your office staff is a reflection on you. Make sure that they are delivering the best customer service.
- Act like a secret shopper and assess your office's customer service
- Do patient satisfaction surveys so you understand (and correct) any weaknesses--before the poor online review.
Join my FB group, The Private Medical Practice Academy to be part of a community interested in starting, running and growing their private medical practices and leveraging them into multiple revenue streams.
If you would like to hear more tips on how to start, run and grow your practice and related medical businesses, please sign up for my newsletter at https://www.thepracticebuildingmd.com .
HOW TO START YOUR OWN MEDICAL PRACTICE JJJJJJJ
Are you overwhelmed at the thought of starting your own private practice? This cheat sheet will give you a roadmap with step-by-step instructions to get your practice up and running.
USE YOUR PRACTICE TO WORK LESS AND GENERATE MORE MONEY
Do you want to make more money without working harder but don't know how? My guide of proven strategies to leverage your medical practice will show you how.
3 KEY STEPS TO NEGOTIATE YOUR BEST DEAL
Regardless of what you are negotiating, you want to get the best deal.
This guide will give you the tools you need to set yourself up to win the negotiation game.