Episode 30: What Your New Patient Packet Must Have
April 14, 2021
You’ve scheduled your first patient. But that's only the first step in getting them to that first visit. You need a new patient packet.
The new patient packet has two purposes:
- To collect information from the patient
- To provide information to the patient
There are several ways in which your patient can access the new patient packet:
- Through your EMR's patient portal
- On your website
- On your Facebook business page
- A physical, printed folder
What goes in the new patient packet?
- Information you get from the patient
- Registration form
- Insurance information
- Patient questionnaire and history intake form
- Medical records release form on file
- Release of information form
- Information you give to the patient
- A comprehensive financial policy statement
- Credit card on file policy
- HIPAA policy statement
- Controlled substance agreement
- Patient responsibilities form
- Brochure with a practice overview and provider bio(s)
- Educational materials
- Directions to your office
The two key takeaways from this episode are that a professional, comprehensive new patient packet will help
- You and your practice make a great first impression
- Improve your practice’s workflow
Join my FB group, The Private Medical Practice Academy to be part of a community interested in starting, running and growing their private medical practices and leveraging them into multiple revenue streams.
If you would like to hear more tips on how to start, run and grow your practice and related medical businesses, please sign up for my newsletter at https://www.thepracticebuildingmd.com .
HOW TO START YOUR OWN MEDICAL PRACTICE JJJJJJJ
Are you overwhelmed at the thought of starting your own private practice? This cheat sheet will give you a roadmap with step-by-step instructions to get your practice up and running.
USE YOUR PRACTICE TO WORK LESS AND GENERATE MORE MONEY
Do you want to make more money without working harder but don't know how? My guide of proven strategies to leverage your medical practice will show you how.
3 KEY STEPS TO NEGOTIATE YOUR BEST DEAL
Regardless of what you are negotiating, you want to get the best deal.
This guide will give you the tools you need to set yourself up to win the negotiation game.